August: Vision & Learning Month
Does your child have all the supplies he/she needs as they head back to school this year? Pencils, check! Crayons, check! Glue stick, check!
Comprehensive vision evaluation???
20% of children lack the visual skills necessary to succeed in school. These necessary visual skills go beyond 20/20 vision.
Learning-Related Vision Symptoms:
- Losing place on the page
- Words run together when reading
- Reversals of letters or words
- Easily distracted or fatigued
- Takes “hours” to do homework
- Low reading comprehension or fluency
- Poor or unevenly spaced handwriting
- Uses finger to keep place
- Eye fatigue or strain
Watch the video below as Dr. Frazer, a Developmental Optometrist, reviews the most common symptoms of learning-related vision problems and the best methods of treatment.
If you’re curious how vision therapy can help with your child’s symptoms or difficulties, give us a call! We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.