First, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding during our time of closure. I am excited to share with you that beginning Thursday, May 14th I will have limited in-office hours to see patients for progress evaluations. Many of you have taken advantage of the Virtual Vision Therapy sessions and continue to make great progress. We will continue to provide these vision therapy sessions virtually using our telehealth portal to limit the number of people in the office.
If you are interested in scheduling an in-person or virtual appointment, please reach out to the clinic either by phone, 608-849-4040 or preferably email, email@example.com. Our staff will be reaching out to patients whose appointments were postponed during our closure.
Here is a list of some of the changes we will be incorporating into our office:
- We will be screening all patients prior to arriving at the office for any possible symptoms of COVID-19 and if suspected, you will be rescheduled.
- All paperwork is to be completed before arriving using our HIPAA compliant platform. This will limit the amount of time in the office and at the front desk.
- Please come unaccompanied to your appointment unless it is necessary to have a parent/guardian or helper.
- All staff and patients will be required to wear face masks, please bring your own if you have one.
- All patients will be asked to use hand-sanitizer upon entering the office. Please do not wear gloves as they can transfer the virus to other surfaces. If you choose to wear gloves, understand that you will be asked to use hand sanitizer over the gloves.
- All “high touch” items such as brochures, magazines and toys have been removed.
- Exam equipment and high traffic areas will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be seeing only one patient at a time to limit the number of patients in the clinic.
- Social distancing will be practiced to the best of our ability given our profession.
I am following the practice guidelines set forth by the CDC, the state of WI, the Wisconsin Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. I will continue to re-evaluate the COVID-19 crisis and will provide updates as they evolve.
If you have any of these symptoms of illness you will not be allowed to enter the office, please call your health care professional:
- Influenza like symptoms (fever, cough, chills)
- Fever 100.4 or above
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste
- Positive COVID test in the last 14 days
Thank you for your patience and stay well,
Valerie Frazer, OD, FCOVD